Windows X Interest Group
Second Thursday 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Village at Corte Madera
1640 Redwood Hwy, Corte Madera (Behind The Gap)
Co-leaders: John King, Ernie Ganas
RSVP: John King firstname.lastname@example.org
Microsoft is letting us use their store for our meetings. They provide at least 10 touchscreen laptops and a 103-inch LCD monitor. Or, bring your own laptop, if you have one.
This special interest group is for people who have a Windows computer, are thinking about getting one or are just curious about it. We will explore the programs together. The topics to be covered will depend upon the groups interests but will likely cover:
- The very new and different user interface
- Difference between desktop and modern interfaces
- What are programs vs. apps vs. charms
- To touch or not to touch – do you need a touchscreen?
- Related services such as Skydrive, Windows Live Essentials
- What’s new under the hood in terms of startup, security, power, etc.